A new chapter in Tanzania
Pastor Winford Mosha of Lyasongoro Lutheran Church in Marangu reported that the team heading up the new Kilimanjaro Chapter of Climbing For Christ was able to hold its first meeting on Monday, April 14. The chapter's leadership agreed to the goals set by Climbing For Christ president Gary Fallesen:
- Hold prayer meetings and praise celebrations before and after climbs.
- Members will participate in ongoing Bible study (coordinated by Pastor Mosha and Climbing For Christ staff).
- Prayer climb in April (coordinated by Dauson) with other prayer climbs in the future. This event was moved to May to provide pre-climb spiritual training.
- Recruit Christian guides and porters to become members.
- Learn to evangelize to the lost and apply what is learned in the mission field with co-workers and trekkers.
- As part of this, each member will be provided 2 small Bibles (one to keep and one to give away in response to divine appointments). Funds will be raised by Climbing For Christ to purchase Swahili Bibles, which will be distributed by Pastor Mosha and the coordinators.
- Climbing For Christ will send an annual mission team (including pastors) to encourage and edify Kilimanjaro Chapter leaders and members.
The mission of the Kilimanjaro Chapter is to make disciples of all guides and porters and to share the love of Christ with the tens of thousands of trekkers who visit Kilimanjaro each year. Climbing For Christ will equip the guides and porters in the Kilimanjaro Chapter to do God's work.
This is a ministry, not a trekking company. We are not starting a business in Tanzania. We are about God's work!
The chapter's spiritual advisor pointed to Philippians 4:13, which says: “I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.”