Praying God’s Promises
July 9-Aug. 7
“For all the promises of God in Him [Jesus] are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God through us.” – 2 Corinthians 1:20 (NKJV)
Thank you for joining us in our third year of Project Prayer: Ramadan. During this special time, when millions of Muslims are more sensitive to spiritual matters, we seek to pray that our Lord would reveal His love and truth to them in amazing and powerful ways.
Throughout the Bible, God records hundreds of precious promises for His followers. Our desire is that many Muslims would embrace the Lord Jesus Christ and be blessed to stand with us upon the power and truth of these promises.
Throughout the 30 days of Ramadan we’ll be praying through 30 of God’s promises. Please join us in prayer for our Muslim neighbors – as well as those committed to working with them.
DAY 1 (Tuesday, July 9): The gift of salvation
“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” – John 3:16 (NKJV)
- Pray that many Muslims would come to believe in Jesus Christ.
- Pray especially for those who are genuinely seeking the truth – may they find the Truth.
- Pray for the physical, mental and spiritual protection of new believers.
- Pray for those who are faithfully committed to presenting the Good News of God’s love through Jesus to followers of Islam.
DAY 2 (Wednesday, July 10): Finding forgiveness
“If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” – 1 John 1:9 (NKJV)
- Pray for many Muslims to experience the assurance that they are forgiven.
- Pray that many would be convicted by their sin, and concerned of its eternal consequences. That they would see and understand that religious works cannot save.
- Pray that Christians working with Muslims would be able to articulate the need for the forgiveness that is only found in Jesus.
DAY 3 (Thursday, July 11): Constant companionship
“Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.” – Deuteronomy 31:6 (ESV)
- Pray that those being led by the Spirit to know Jesus would be filled with courage in the face of persecution.
- Pray that Muslims would realize our God is a personal God, and He is always with us.
- Pray that dreams and visions would continue to bring Muslims to Jesus in unprecedented numbers.
DAY 4 (Friday, July 12): A Helper
“And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Helper, to be with you forever, even the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you.” – John 14:16-17 (ESV)
- Pray that Muslims will recognize that the Holy Spirit (mentioned in the Quran and viewed by some followers of Islam to be the angel Gabriel) is part of the Trinity and has come to be a helping presence in their lives.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to touch hearts and bring many Muslims to a personal knowledge of Christ.
- May more of us be moved by the Spirit to GO into the Muslim world to share the Good News of Jesus.
DAY 5 (Saturday, July 13): Peace with God
“Therefore, since we have been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.” – Romans 5:1 (ESV)
- Pray that Muslims will realize they do not need to live in fear of God’s wrath and judgment.
- Pray that followers of Islam will discover that through faith in Christ they can find righteousness in God’s sight and have a sure hope of future glory and life eternal.
- A right relationship with God will result in the blessing of peace.
DAY 6 (Sunday, July 14): Peace in tribulation
“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.” – John 14:27 (ESV)
- Pray that Christians in Islamic countries – particularly our brothers and sisters enduring suffering and difficult restrictions in nations such as Pakistan, Iran, Nigeria, Morocco and Indonesia – would be greatly encouraged.
- May many realize that the Lord is their stronghold in the time of trouble.
- Pray for patience for those facing tribulation, rejoicing in the hope found in Christ and constantly in prayer to our God.
DAY 7 (Monday, July 15): A new creation
“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.” – 2 Corinthians 5:17 (ESV)
- Pray that Muslims will realize the redemptive power of Jesus Christ.
- May God’s ambassadors make His appeal and implore others to be reconciled with their Creator through faith in Christ alone.
- God can and will make all things new.
DAY 8 (Tuesday, July 16): Power
“He gives power to the weak, And to those who have no might He increases strength.” – Isaiah 40:29 (NKJV)
- Pray that all would understand that God – Jehovah Jireh – cares for them, and His glory shall be revealed.
- Human strength fails, even at its best. Only our One True God can provide the strength needed to face life’s challenges.
- God blesses those who are persecuted because of their faith in Christ; “for theirs is the kingdom of the heaven.”
DAY 9 (Wednesday, July 17): Nothing shall separate
“For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.” – Romans 8:38-39 (ESV)
- Pray that Muslims, who fear Allah because he is not viewed as a loving father, will realize the divine love that God desires HIS people to know.
- God’s love does not depend on the lovability – or lack thereof – of the object (human beings). God loves us despite the fact that we are fallen in sin (John 3:16-21).
- God IS love (1 John 4:8).
DAY 10 (Thursday, July 18): Peace of mind
“You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.” – Isaiah 26:3 (ESV)
- Pray that Muslims would recognize the true Source of peace: the righteous, sovereign, saving God who “will swallow up death forever … (and) wipe away tears from all faces” (Isaiah 25:8).
- May the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, guard hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
- Blessed is the man who makes the Lord his trust (Psalm 40:4).
DAY 11 (Friday, July 19): Total freedom
“…and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. … So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.” – John 8:32, 36 (ESV)
- Pray that Muslims would know the truth by believing and obeying the words of Jesus Christ.
- Pray for freedom from guilt, the life-controlling power of sin, and the lies of false gods.
- May those witnessing to Muslims speak truth in love.
DAY 12 (Saturday, July 20): A prepared place
“In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.” – John 14:2-3 (ESV)
- Pray that Muslims would accept the Christian perspective of the Second Coming of Jesus. Islam holds that Jesus, whom they say was not crucified but was taken straight to heaven by Allah, will return. When he comes he will slay all who do not believe Islam is the one true religion and then, after a 40-year reign, he will die and be buried next to Muhammad in Medina. After that, he will be resurrected with all other men and women on the last day.
- Muhammad’s tomb is occupied; the tomb of Christ is empty. Why look for the living among the dead?
- Jesus is “the living one. I died, and behold I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of Death and Hades” (Revelation 1:18).
DAY 13 (Sunday, July 21): Beautiful fellowship
“Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.” – Revelation 3:20 (ESV)
- Pray that Muslims will recognize that Jesus is the master of their house.
- Picture all who will eat with Jesus – in communion with Him.
- May many declare, as Joshua did in the Old Testament of the Bible (Joshua 24:15), “as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” (Joshua is considered a great prophet by followers of Islam.)
DAY 14 (Monday, July 22): Granted mercy
“For you, O Lord, are good and forgiving, abounding in steadfast love to all who call upon you.” – Psalm 86:5 (ESV)
- Pray that Muslims would confess that God is benevolent and seek forgiveness for their sins against Him.
- There is none like our Lord among the gods; He alone is God.
- “All the nations You have made shall come and worship before You, O Lord, and shall glorify Your name” (Psalm 86:9).
DAY 15 (Tuesday, July 23): Powerful protection
“But the Lord is faithful. He will establish you and guard you against the evil one.” – 2 Thessalonians 3:3 (ESV)
- Pray that the young faith of Muslim background believers (MBB) will be guarded from Satan’s attacks.
- May they realize God’s faithfulness.
- “Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you” (Deuteronomy 31:6).
Day 16 (Wednesday, July 24) Perfect provision
“And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” – Philippians 4:19 (NKJV)
- Pray that many followers of Islam would turn to the Lord when in need.
- Pray that they would realize their own spiritual poverty and seek the eternal riches of Jesus.
- Pray for God to provide for all the needs (spiritual and physical) for Christians devoted to working with Muslims around the globe.
DAY 17 (Thursday, July 25): Complete fulfillment
“For He satisfies the longing soul, and fills the hungry soul with goodness.” – Psalm 107:9 (NKJV)
- Pray for all those souls who are longing for truth as they celebrate Ramadan.
- Pray that followers of Islam who are not satisfied would find complete fullness and goodness in Jesus.
- Pray that the lives of Christians in Muslim majority nations would testify of God’s goodness.
DAY 18 (Friday, July 26): Freedom from guilt
“There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.” – Romans 8:1 (NKJV)
- Pray for those who have been striving to be “good enough” by the standards of Islam to come to an understanding that it is not by works but by faith in Jesus Christ that one is saved.
- Pray that the Holy Spirit would convince, convict and convert many souls.
- Pray that converts to Christianity would not accept any condemnation or guilt from Muslim family members or neighbors, but would embrace and share the incredible grace of the Lord.
DAY 19 (Saturday, July 27): Guidance
“I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye.” – Psalm 32:8 (NKJV)
- Pray for Muslims seeking guidance and direction in life to look to the Way, the Truth and the Life, Jesus Christ Himself.
- Pray that the Lord would bless Muslim background believers with clear direction in where and how to serve the Lord best.
- Pray for wisdom and discernment for those committed to working with followers of Islam.
DAY 20 (Sunday, July 28): Supernatural strength
“Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.” – Ephesians 6:10
- Pray that those suffering and struggling though life would trade their weakness for the strength of God.
- Pray that Muslim background believers would not waiver but stand strong in God’s incredible power.
- Pray that many followers of Islam would see and be changed by the strength and power of the testimony of Christians.
DAY 21 (Monday, July 29): Comfort
“casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.” – 1 Peter 5:7 (NKJV)
- Pray that Muslims needing true comfort, would find it today in Jesus Christ.
- Pray that many would be drawn to the love and compassion of the Lord.
- Pray that those devoted to working with followers of Islam would have opportunity to demonstrate God’s comfort and compassion in powerful ways.
DAY 22 (Tuesday, July 30): Healing emotional hurts
“He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.” – Psalm 147:3 (NKJV)
- Pray for followers of Islam who have hurting hearts to experience the healing touch of Jesus.
- Pray that Muslim background believers would have any emotional hurts resulting from their conversions ministered to by the Lord.
- Pray that those who work with followers of Islam would be able to convey the gracious and merciful heart of the Lord to all who are aching.
DAY 23 (Wednesday, July 31): Answered prayer
“Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.” – 1 John 5:14, 15 (NKJV)
- Pray for many seekers to experience the truth of this promise, by praying to Jesus for their needs.
- Pray for Muslim background believers and those committed to working with followers of Islam to have the opportunity and the boldness to share about how the Lord has answered their prayers.
DAY 24 (Thursday, Aug. 1): Help in temptation
“For in that He Himself has suffered, being tempted, He is able to aid those who are tempted.”
– Hebrews 2:18 (NKJV)
- In Islam, there is no helper in temptation. Pray that many would be drawn to our Lord Jesus, who is our perfect helper, mediator and advocate with the Father, because he became like us in all ways.
- Pray that those of Muslim origin, who are caught up in drugs, alcohol, etc., would find the help and strength they need to overcome in Jesus Christ.
- Pray for Muslim background believers to receive help in their times of temptation that they would have a strong and powerful witness for the Lord.
DAY 25 (Friday, Aug. 2): Boldness
“In God I have put my trust; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?” – Psalm 56:11 (NKJV)
- Pray for those who are afraid to convert to Christianity (because of fear of family reactions or even physical violence) to put their full trust the Lord for their complete and eternal protection.
- Pray for Muslim background believers to be bold in sharing their faith with their families, friends and neighbors.
- Pray that ministries committed to serving in Muslim majority nations would confidently continue to be salt and light where God has placed them.
DAY 26 (Saturday, Aug. 3): Confidence
“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” – Philippians 4:13 (NKJV)
- Pray for Muslims to witness the incredible power of Jesus and turn to Him for their strength and salvation.
- Pray that Muslim background believers would have the inner assurance that nothing is impossible with God – and to act, serve, minister and live accordingly.
- Pray for more Christians to be devoted to working with Muslim peoples. May those whom God calls understand and trust that even in undertaking seemingly impossible tasks they can do all things through Christ.
DAY 27 (Sunday, Aug. 4): Healing physical ailments
“Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved, for You are my praise.” – Jeremiah 17:14 (NKJV)
- Pray for many followers of Islam with various physical ailments to seek the Great Physician, Jesus Christ, and find their healing (and salvation) through Him.
- Pray for Muslim background believers and those called to work with Muslim populations throughout the world to have the boldness to pray for the healing of physical ailments for Muslim family, friends or neighbors.
DAY 28 (Monday, Aug. 5): Clarity
“For God is not the author of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints.”
– 1 Corinthians 14:33 (NKJV)
- Pray that many Muslims would grow weary of wondering and being confused as to whether or not they will find the mercy of Allah when they die, and come to Christ for the peace and assurance of salvation He offers.
- Pray that those committed to reaching out to followers of Islam would present a clear Gospel message.
DAY 29 (Tuesday, Aug. 6): Gaining eternal life
“Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.” – John 5:24 (ESV)
- Pray that Muslims would come to a complete knowledge of Who Jesus the Christ truly is – Savior, not prophet.
- May there be an understanding of the difference between a loving Father God (Who sent His Son to die for our sins) and a god who arbitrarily judges followers.
- May they accept that Jesus is “the way, and the truth, and the life,” and that no one comes to the Father except through Jesus (John 14:6).
DAY 30 (Wednesday, Aug. 7): Spiritual victory
“He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son” – Colossians 1:13 (ESV)
- Pray that Muslims would realize that the only eternal answer is found in Jesus Christ.
- May God rescue them from slavery and offer them the hope of salvation.
- The kingdom of heaven awaits those who follow the One Who is supreme over the demonic powers of this world.