Mission: Kilimanjaro 2015
Climbing For Christ has been linked to Mount Kilimanjaro since the beginning of the ministry. While training to climb Kilimanjaro in 1998, God planted the idea of C4C in the heart of Gary Fallesen. Seven missions have been carried out to Kilimanjaro and gateway villages from 2007-2014.
PRAY: That non-Christian guides and porters (about half of those working on Kilimanjaro) and tens of thousands of trekkers climbing annually would be reached by C4C Kilimanjaro Chapter guides and porters on Africa’s tallest peak. CLICK HERE for the Mission: Kilimanjaro 2015 (March) Prayer Bulletin.
GIVE: To support the work of C4C’s missionary to East Africa, Damson Samson.
- If you can help, please send a contribution to Climbing For Christ, P.O. Box 16290, Rochester, NY 14616-0290. Or CLICK HERE and give online via PayPal.
- In Canada, make checks payable to The Great Commission Foundation, and on the memo line add Climbing For Christ CANADA. Mail your support to: The Great Commission Foundation, #3 – 1335 Trans Canada Way SE, Medicine Hat, AB T1B 1J1. Or give online at http://tgcfcanada.org/donate. Mark your contribution: “Climbing For Christ CANADA.”
GO: Climbing For Christ teaches guides and porters how to evangelize on Kilimanjaro. A conference was held in November 2014 involving 25-30 guides, porters and cooks. Outreach from the current climbing season will be evaluated in March 2015. An optional opportunity to climb Kilimanjaro available.
- Dates: March and November.
- Length of trip: 9-12 days.
- Team size: 3-6 members.
- Cost: Estimated at US$1,000 plus airfare to/from Tanzania. The estimate includes ground transport, accommodations and food. Optional March trek cost about US$2,000, plus tips for guides and porters. Estimate does not include airfare.
- To apply: E-mail info@ClimbingForChrist.org to request a mission application.