August 2011

Gary Fallesen
/ Categories: Peru, Mission: Peru 2011

August 2011

Jaime Servat, Climbing For Christ’s missionary to Peru, said God again showed him that people through the mountains are suffering strange illnesses emanating from demonic possession, as well as other physical maladies, and poor parental upbringing of children. “He showed me the need to see new churches so the people will come to worship Him and pray more and wait for His miracles,” Jaime reported after spending from Aug. 3-28 in the mission field.

Here are edited excerpts from Jaime’s latest comprehensive report to C4C:

Alisson with gifts shipped from the States.

Wednesday, Aug. 3, at 7:15 am I was starting from Huaraz in brother Franklin’s van. We arrived in Yungay city at 8:15 a.m. I waited at the bus stop with Julio Castillo and Nancy Flores, a couple who were interested to know more about the Lord Jesus Christ, and they invited me to visit their families and stay in Hierbabuena Village when I get go there. Praise God, He opened a blessed door to bring His Word. After visiting Hierbabuena, I went to Chalhua village and met Alisson and her grandmother. Alisson opened her gifts sent from the United States, and she was very excited and happy. We passed a nice day together.

Thursday, Aug. 4, at 11 a.m., I went uphill from Chalhua to visit a village called Machco. I met two people in their late 70s who confessed Jesus as Lord. I ministered to them as they were suffering from shingles, asthma, and body pains. I prayed for their healing. After that, I was assisted by a sister in Christ, who spoke the Conchucos Quechua language, to witness to a single mother and her daughter. They received Jesus into their hearts. I also prayed for a woman suffering body pains and a 5-year-old boy who was healed immediately from the flu. When I got my hand on his head (to pray) this child jumped from the arms of his mother and went to play with his little sister. Praise God, He was doing it and it was amazing! To Him be the glory and the honor! They asked for a New Testament so I told them they must come to the church at Chalhua to worship when I return for my next trip.

Friday, Aug. 5, I was praying in Alisson’s house and after that I was talking with Pastor Isabel. I wanted to visit brother Damian in the Huamas Village. He is owner of the land where the church at Chalhua would like to build. I wanted to pray for him.

In the evening, I was visiting with Alisson and her grandmother Teresa. We went to see Alisson’s uncle Marcial Obregon and I gave three New Testaments because did not have God’s Book. But now they do, praise God.

Saturday, Aug. 6, at 5:30 a.m. Pastor Isabel and I were walking to Huamas village about two hours away. We prayed with brother Damian, asking him to wait (before selling the land for the church to someone else). He accepted. When we return to Chalhua, I gave 12 new hymnals to the future church at Chalhua. These were a gift from brother Huber.

The view from Hierbabuena.

When I started to Hierbabuena Village, I asked a man on the side of the road where my new friends Nancy and Julio were living. I took a seat on a big stone when a very friendly lady got her blanket to put on the stone for me to sit on. I shared about C4C and His Word, so Nora Garcia, 28, received the Lord Jesus. I gave her a New Testament, and then had an opportunity to share with her husband Hermino Vidal, 40, and with her parents. We went up the hill to their house, where they were waiting for me to share about the Lord Jesus Christ.

Sunday, Aug. 7, at 12:30 a.m., I visited Victor Lucero, 34, who lives in a site downhill from Hierbabuena called Coihuairanan. He told me that he has two daughters and a called one, Flor, who is 9 and suffering from an eye problem when she studies. It burned and itches. I shared about salvation and His healing. Victor and a 60-year-old friend called Eleuterio Cruz were praying with me, and they accepted the Lord Jesus Christ. God was touching the heart of our new brother Victor, who told me he could grant a piece of land to God because he wants to know more and more and see his daughter healed by God. I left him with two New Testaments, which they were very excited to receive.

Later in the afternoon, I shared with my translator friend Nancy’s 88-year-old grandmother. Narcisa Blas received the Lord Jesus Christ and I prayed for healing because she had bone pains and after this she was without pain. Praise God!

I then visited sister Avelina Moreno, 70, who told me that she was not going to church because it is far and her sons were threatening if she went they would expel her from the house. Oh, God!

Another brother in Christ, 10-year-old Celwin Flores, who received Jesus, took me to see his grandfather Octavio Aramburu. The 80-year-old received the Lord Jesus Christ and, after I prayed for his head pain, God healed him. Celwin was so special because his attitude reflected the Lord Jesus.

When we returned from Coihuairanan at 6:45 pm I saw new sister Narcisa listening to Christian folk music on a radio station. She was so happy and blessed with a face so sweet to the Lord. After our dinner in the kitchen the mother of new brother Celwin also received Lord Jesus Christ. I gave the lady Perpetua Aramburu, 42, a New Testament. She was very grateful and exited to read His Word.

Monday, Aug. 8, I met Nancy’s 26-year-old sister, Cledy Flores, who received the Lord Jesus when praying with me. I gave her a New Testament.

At 12:45 p.m. we started hiking to Yanachaca, which is in the Huaripampa village. I was invited by a Christian family to lunch. As I went with sister Zaragoza Obregon, I saw her 12-year-old daughter Amancia Julca, who was walking with two sticks because she had fallen one month ago. So I prayed for her daughter and after we ate lunch her sister gave me gloves and a cap made with lamb’s wool. I prayed that God may provide for her business; she and some women sell their products (spring water and sodas) to trekkers and climbers who go to Santa Cruz.

Tuesday, Aug. 9, at 8 a.m., I visited brother Sergio and his wife, Delia, and prayed for them and encouraged them to go to the local church in Yanacacha. I went with brother Ezequiel Julca, 48, a local leader from Yanachaca, who spoke the Conchucos Quechua Language as we visited a 72-year-old woman called Fausta. Guided by His Spirit, God took her heart and we prayed together so she received the Lord Jesus Christ and after that we anointed her for healing because she was declared to live only three months by physicians. She is suffering uterus cancer. But we declared His healing.

We went from Yanacacha, where I was staying, to Huaripampa, about a 10-minute walk away. There were about 50 people waiting to greet us. A dozen of these people were asking for a local church to be built. Brother Antojeno said he would grant a piece of his land if God permits Climbing For Christ to build there. After this we visited Christian families to pray for many spiritual needs.

Wednesday, Aug. 10, at 1:30 p.m., brother Fausto and I went to Chachaspucru site from Yanachaca to win a new family to Christ. I was explaining about His salvation and eternal life and how we, in Climbing For Christ, work through His mountains around the world. After some testimonies they decided to accept the Lord Jesus Christ, so Praise God! Robert Dextre, 35, and Elisa, 34, received two New Testaments.

We returned to Huaripampa village at 3 p.m. and went first to pray for some brothers and at 4:30 p.m. we outreached a poorest family that was without Him and in great need. As Fausto was praying I saw face to face seven souls: Maruja Cruz, 36, who was widowed; Nain Dextre, 18, who works as a muleteer to support the family, and Vilma, 15, Maricela, 10, Adelio, 8, Yosarela, 6, and Angela, 4. Maruja’s husband died of cancer. A leader from the local church in Yanachaca shared with him, but he told our brother that he could not accept Jesus and he passed only a week later. He died without Him — oh, God! Well, I told everyone in the family about His salvation and eternal life and we prayed together for them to receive the Lord Jesus Christ. I gave some New Testaments and crackers, which they were excited to eat. Nain told me about some of their physical needs, like shoes and jackets. I said we will be praying to God to supply those needs.

Thursday, Aug. 11, brother Cesar, his wife and sons had a delicious breakfast and prayer time. Being a high-mountain cook, he was very interested to be a part of C4C Peru.
At 9:30 a.m. I started to Chalhua Village. I met sister Olinda Dextre, 48, on the way. She has nine sons. She asked me to pray because is suffering finger pains. So I ministered to her and prayed for her husband Eugenio, 49, who is violent and an unbeliever. I followed my route until I arrived at Colcabamba village at 10:30 a.m. This is located downhill before Chalhua. I stayed some minutes to buy spring water after I met Neda Vidal, 20, who is a believer without a Bible. I gave Neda a new Testament. As I sat at the store, Ema Zelaya, who is 70, asked me to talk about Jesus Christ. So I shared about His salvation and healing. Then she asked me to pray for her knee pains and she received Jesus Christ as her Savior and healer, Praise God! The grandmother of Neda is suffering body pains so she asked me to visit uphill in Huarauya. I told Santa Crispin, 67, and her husband Juan Jara, 68, about His love and mercy, and they received the Lord Jesus Chris. I prayed for Santa’s body pains and gave them a New Testament. Then I started off again Chalhua at 1:05 p.m., arriving at 2:20 p.m. to rest in Alisson’s house. She was very happy to paint together with her new crayons and cap.

Friday, Aug. 12, I rested and visited with new believers and got to know more people in Chalhua.

Saturday, Aug. 13, at 9 a.m., I went to Yanama to visit brothers Lorenzo Lopez and Williams, and we lunched together. I shared on my missionary work through and around Yanama and after we prayed to God that He may bless us, I visited Pastor Esteban Lazarte and his wife, whom our mission team had prayed for in May. I returned at 5:15 p.m. to Chalhua on a motorcycle from a friend called Saul, who invited me to visit him when I return to Yanama soon.

Sunday, Aug. 14, I started at 11:40 a.m. to Yanama, arriving at 12:50 p.m. I met brother Avelino with his daughter Liliana, 21, who were on the side of the road waiting for me to go together to their village. We made a four-hour hike to Yacurwarmi. After we rested and took a meal I was met the son of brother Avelino, called Michael, who is 16 and has suffered since birth an out-of-shape bone in his left foot. Because of that he has back pains.

Monday, Aug. 15, at 7:40 a.m. I started to Wicruncocha village to charge my camera batteries because in Yacurwarmi village there is no electricity. Along the way I met a man called Manuel, who is not believer. S I shared on His Name and he told me that he will think about. Then I followed my way to Wicruncocha, arriving at 8:30 a.m. I visited church leader Pedro Laveriano and we lunched together, and talked about our ministries and prayed. Then I returned to Yacurwarmi at 3:30 p.m. to stay again.

Tuesday, Aug. 16, at 10:05 a.m. I started toward Wicruncocha village, but downhill a farmer family greeted me so I stopped to tell about our Lord Jesus Christ. They told me that were very interested in becoming Christians, so we prayed together and they received the Lord Jesus and I gave them a New Testament. They were very excited — Dalila Luna, 10, and her mother Nancy Lopez, 37, who is a mute. I prayed for them and returned to my hike at 11:25 a.m. I arrived at Wicrunococha at 12.

At 7:30 p.m. we had a church worship, praying for many older brother and sisters, who were very joyful in His Word. I was blessed to read in Conchucos Quechua Language from my Mushoq Testamentun or Bilingual New Testament (Spanish-Quechua), so Praise God!

Wednesday, Aug. 17, at 5 a.m., church leader Pedro woke me up to minister to a brother who was suffering epilepsy. We anointed him and in His name we declared His healing.
After 11:30 am I visited brother Victor Agustin in Paccha village. He presented me to his cousin, brother Demetrio Nicolas, who told me he could sell a piece of land to Climbing For Christ. The price would be 2,500 soles (or US$919). I told him we need to pray to God for His will and His time to one day see a Prayer House there.

Jaime trekking to Palcas.

Thursday, Aug. 18, at 9:30 a.m. I arrived at Paccha village from Wicruncocha on my way to Sapcha Town, which I reached at 11:30 am. We heard a call from students on the side of a street, and we shared about His Salvation and answered many questions about His Word, so Praise God!

I started at 4:20 p.m. to Palcas village, arriving at 4:55 p.m. I visited brother Ignacio, who was excited to receive me. We prayed and he invited me for a delicious meal and after I went to sleep.

Friday, Aug. 19, at 6 a.m. brother Ignacio and I prayed and I was grateful for his hospitality. I went to see brother Amador, who was not in his house. I waited one hour to see him. We prayed and talked about the religious conditions in Palcas village. He told me there are approximately 100 people, mostly Catholic, and 12 brothers and sisters in Christ. He said some Catholics are interested in meeting one day under a Prayer House, and he told me that a sister could grant a piece of land to God and he could sell to our ministry. We prayed finally to leave it in His hands. Also, they could evangelize with our teams to win more souls if we went there one day. Brother Amador was grateful for my visit in Palcas, telling us that we will be welcome there.

After I returned at 10:30 a.m. to Sapcha Town and rested on a side of the town square, I was sharing His Gospel with a local family. Then I went to the National School to see some students and one guy called Julino Ramirez, 14, told me that in a village called Cacarey there are approximately 12 Christians living and perhaps 50 Catholics who are interested in becoming Christians, too. I said when I return in September he could guide me. He said, “Right, yes, I can do it.” He told me to visit another village called Cocha, where there are 35 people living and only five believers without a church. They would be interested. I said, “Wow, my Lord, it is good to carry Your Name!” Julino is a loved brother and I will be praying for him always.

After this I was invited to lunch with a local family, where I shared about my missionary work with Climbing For Christ. Then I started at 4 p.m. to Paccha village, and brother Victor’s house.

Saturday, Aug. 20, at 10:15 a.m. I arrived in Wicruncocha and stayed in church leader Pedro’s house. I was praying for many petitions and having my personal devotion after having a nice time with Pedro’s sons, Dan, Ely and Kelly Laveriano.

At 7:30 p.m. we had a blessed worship in the local church, where I was invited to give a message. Through His Spirit I was able to do a special preaching in Conchucos Quechua language and Spanish, so His people were very joyful and we were praying for many Christian. Praise God!

Alisson with her sheep.

Sunday, Aug. 21, at 8:30 a.m. I started to Yanama from Wicroncocha through the road, arriving at 12:15 p.m. I was visiting brother Lorenzo to pray together on my way to Chalhua village, where I arrived at 4:15 p.m. and again stayed in Alisson’s house. I surprised when she said, “Papito (or Daddy) tell me how was going it in the mission and show me the events in pictures.” I said, “Wow, Alisson, do you really want to know?” “Yes, I want, please,” she said. So I told her the events that had happened and we prayed together and we had a nice and blessed day sharing and talking with her grandmother Teresa and her grandfather, too.

Monday, Aug. 22, at 3:30 p.m. I was visiting brother Ivan Rosas, 24, who is interested in working as a leader in the Climbing For Christ ministry whenever God needs his support in Chalhua. So we were coordinating the next week when I return from Chilcabamba village to have worship in brother Amancio’s house.


Tuesday, Aug. 23, at 8:30 am I started from Chalhua to Chilcabamba passing Yanama District, Piscos, Huamas and Llamlla villages to arrive at 12:10 p.m. On the side of the road I met Marcelino Manrrique, who told me about his three sick sons.

I went to see sister Carmina Andagua, 45, and her family. Sister Carmina told me that there are approximately 50 people in Chilcabamba and only five are Christians. But some are interested in being Christians so we met that night at 7 p.m. with 12 people. God gained 11 souls. Praise God! It really was glorious, His Presence in the room, and I was ministering in prayer as we finished praising Him in worship and giving thanks to God. We gave them New Testaments so they will see His Word with their families.

Wednesday, Aug. 24, at 8 a.m., I was taking a breakfast with sister Carmina. Her adopted father, called Crispin Morales, who is 80, came to visit. He accepted the Lord Jesus in prayer together, so Praise God! Thirteen new believers were added by God in Chilcabamba. Carmina told me that she can grant some land to God so our ministry could build in His time a Prayer House. I said we will be praying for this opportunity to see one day a place to worship God — please can you be praying always for that!

Juana with her mute sons Stalin, left, and Darwin after prayer.

At 4:30 p.m. I went to visit Marcelino Manrrique and his wife, Juana Morales, who is 35. They presented their sons: Darwin Manrrique, 12, who is mute; Stalin Manrrique, 11, who is mute; Rosmel Manrrique, 8, who is a normal boy, and Yojhan Manrrique, 5, who is mute. The boys are not studying and are acting badly. Oh, my God, help me to minister to them. I took their picture and their faces were very nervous. After, I put my hand on them to pray in His powerful name. Then I took their picture again and their faces were like with a dream — more quiet — so God showed me that they were under demonic influences. But the physicians are saying they are suffering a strange blood sickness. Their mother Juana told me that she wanted a New Testament to read His Word and on my next visit she and her husband Marelino will accept the Lord Jesus.

So God has put on my heart many cases to pray for in Chilcabamba village.

Thursday, Aug. 25, at 8 a.m., I started on a trailer until Yanama, arriving at 8:30 a.m. I stayed to sleep in a brother’s house recommended by Pastor Esteban Lazarte.

Friday, Aug. 26, at 12, I started to Chalhua from Yanama, arriving at 2 p.m. to rest in Alisson’s house.

Saturday, Aug. 27, at 7:30 p.m. we had worship with some brothers and sisters, including Alisson and her grandmother, Teresa. Praise God! I was preaching on His obedience.

Sunday, Aug. 28, at 11:45 a.m. I started from Yanama to Yungay city, arriving at 3 p.m. and after I took a van to Huaraz city, arriving at 4 p.m.

“For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.”
— Luke 19:10 (NIV)


Gary FallesenGary Fallesen

Other posts by Gary Fallesen
Contact author

Contact author